Scheduled for 2022 closure, new ore discovery spurs Glencore to drill deep at legendary Timmins mine

Ask Kevin Hoagland Kevin Hoagland is the GPAA's Director of Development and Host of Gold Trails. On this forum you can direct all your prospecting and mining questions and he'll get back to you as best he can, as soon as he can!

Apr 19, 2016· Abandoned Mines & BIG Rock Discoveries ... The stories of the prospectors in canoes checking every outcrop," Land said. "The old prospecting trenches in the bush, the forming of companies to exploit this mineral wealth, and in some cases to exploit people from their money. ... Backroads Bill Steer has a passion for Northern Ontario and the ...

The Côté Gold Project is located in the Chester and Yeo Townships, District of Sudbury, in northeastern Ontario. It is approximately 20 km southwest of Gogama, 130 km southwest of Timmins, and 200 km northwest of Sudbury, roughly 5 km west of Highway 144.

Search 1,453 Mining jobs now available in Ontario on Indeed.com, the world's largest job site.

The Porcupine Gold Rush was a gold rush that took place in Northern Ontario starting in 1909 and developing fully by 1911. A combination of the hard rock of the Canadian Shield and the rapid capitalization of mining meant that smaller companies and single-man operations could not effectively mine the area, as opposed to earlier rushes where the gold could be extracted through placer mining ...

May 13, 2010· Hello. I am a greenhorn prospector in Ottawa originally from New Sudbury. To pan for gold in Ontario you must have a Ontario prospectors licence and secure the claim by staking. You must also follow access to private, crownland, aboriginal, or protected property laws.

Jun 26, 2019· This MLAS map viewer is available to anyone for information purposes and only displays the location of active unpatented mining claims in Ontario.View the technical specifications of the grid, including scale and how the grid is superimposed on the provincial map.

Aug 19, 2008· Now they have found a good ore body and are mining gold in the shadow of the original mine. Get a prospector's license and go out and look for gold. After all, history shows that its location is anybody's guess. Michael Barnes is a published Canadian author who has written extensively on Northern Ontario. [email protected]

Gold Panning Vacations - Before you go on a gold panning vacation or prospecting trip be sure to read up on our free tips and tricks. Learn where to look for gold and how to gold pan or sluice with ...

Aug 24, 2011· Gold bearing belts are found in several other localities in Northern Ontario with other notable occurrences at Cochrane, Red Lake, Hemlo, Marathon and so many other places that prospecting for gold in Ontario is practically the same thing as carrying coals to Newcastle. Many of the VMS mines in Ontario produce gold as a byproduct.

Oct 13, 2016· I live in a port town on the northern edge of the lake and there are lots of creeks, lakes, quarries, and rivers around here. All I've been able to find on the topic of gold in Ontario has been either that it's rock mining to get the gold, and if there is gold panning here it's eastern or northern Ontario.

Aug 14, 2011· With over a century of amazing world-class discoveries throughout northern Ontario and record prices for the precious metal due to global economic instability, the future of gold mining is bright indeed. Historic Ontario Gold Mining Camps and Major Mines (Up to 2010 MNDMF Statistics)

In addition to placer Districts, many of the state's lode gold districts offer opportunities to the prospector with a metal detector. The nuggets pictured above were found in early 2003 with metal detectors in Northern California. The key to finding new sites to detect for gold …

Jun 12, 2017· Mining glacial gold is a lot more challenging when compared to alluvial gold along the river banks. For one thing, the gold is usually much finer in texture due to being pulverized by the glaciers. Distribution is also very spotty, because the gold drops wherever the glacier has melted.

Oct 12, 2017· How to gold pan using placer gold concentrates from Northern Ontario. Almost made a crazy mistake, which I will correct in a follow-up video (soon come).

Jun 23, 2019· Gold Mining jobs found in Canada. Get daily mining job alerts. New mining job vacancies on Careermine. ... Northern Star Resources Limited is a global-scale ASX 100 gold production and exploration. ... for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources. We are currently looking to add a HR. 25 Fielding ON, ...

Revival Gold Inc. is a growth-focused gold exploration and development company. The Company has executed an agreement whereby it may acquire a interest in Meridian Beartrack Co., owner of the former producing Beartrack Gold Project located in Lemhi County, Idaho.

Apr 14, 2012· I got home at 3:30 this morning from spending a week in the bush of Northern Ontario moose hunting. I took my metal detector with me and one afternoon went out for some mining.

Apr 15, 2019· The Mining Act Awareness Program (MAAP) is an online training course that provides information on the basics of the Mining Act and its provisions and regulations. The program ensures that prospectors and exploration proponents are informed before they engage in prospecting and exploration activity.Please be advised that the Mining Act Awareness Program (MAAP) is presented …

Canada-Ontario Northern Ontario Development Agreement (NODA), a four year joint initiative signed November 4, 1991. Prospector's Guide to Drift Prospecting for Diamonds Northern Ontario Ontario Geological Survey Miscellaneous Paper 167 T.F. Morris and C.A. Kaszycki 1997

Oct 05, 2010· There are still something like 200 placer mines in the Klondike area, bringing in about $40 million a year, so there is still gold in the Yukon, although it is getting harder, and more expensive to mine. For the East, there will be gold in northern Ontario, but this will be hard rock gold, so finding it takes a fair bit of equipment and money.

Hemlo South Property. The Hemlo South Property is not available at this time. Many of the projects listed on Minelistings.com were featured on the very popular Discovery TV Show Gold Rush. We have many more mines and claims for sale listed below:

This list of gold mines in Canada is subsidiary to the list of mines article and lists working, defunct and future mines in the country. For practical purposes, defunct and future mines are demarcated in italics and bold respectively. Asterisks (*) note mines which produce(d) gold as a secondary product.

From CTV Northern Ontario's Callam Rodya: New IAMGOLD open pit mine and processing facility between Sudbury and Timmins to begin work next year. From CTV Northern Ontario's Callam Rodya: New IAMGOLD open pit mine and processing facility between Sudbury and Timmins to begin work next year.

Jun 28, 2019· Australia's largest Gold Prospecting & Fossicking Forum. Chat about Alluvial Gold Prospecting, Metal Detecting, Gemstones & Lapidary, Prospecting Equipment & more.

Where to Find Gold in Canada: Ontario, British Columbia, Quebec The country of Canada is one of the most gold-rich geographic locations in the world, coming in fourth in total gold production after the countries of South Africa, the United States of America, and Australia.

A new online inventory that catalogues abandoned and orphaned mines across Canada is now available to the public. The inventory, released in April, is a project of the National Orphaned and Abandoned Mines Initiative (NOAMI). NOAMI was launched in 2002 in response to a …